Look at our history and to our Trac Roadmap too!
We have also enhancement trac tickets
Complete list here:
We decided to start up from null for v0.9! The biggest points for the future of v0.9 are:
biggest user goals:
- ticket 131 - i18n for cms pages
- version control of cms page content (and other data), using http://code.google.com/p/django-reversion/
- better "internal section" using the django admin panel
- better urls (No ugly _command urls, plugins can hooked into the page tree)
- using site framework: You can easy run different sites with one installation
- variable stylsheets (a global template can have more than one stylesheet)
- You can easier include other django apps
- split into different django apps
- PyLucid plugins are normal django apps:
- plugins can use template inherit
- plugins can have a urls.py
- and can use any other django feature
- different page types: normal cms page or plugin
- using new external libs, see: package|info for PyLucid v0.9
See also all open v0.9 tickets
- ticket 82 - add a version management of the cms page content
- ticket 132 - don't store internal pages into the database...
kick the PyLucid fundament and using django - the high-level Python Web framework !!!
Discuss: http://forum.pylucid.org/viewtopic.php?t=122 (de) If you would like to discuss in english, please oben a new forum thread ;)
- a existing PyLucid installation can be easy update!
- the Plugin API will be changed
- the emphasis is thereby: Using PyLucid in a shared Webhosting environment.
- include the django source (optional)
- include scripts to run django/PyLucid with CGI and fastCGI
- Note: PyLucid will only running with Python 2.4, probably.
see also all open v0.8 trac tickets & all open v0.8.1 trac tickets
- remove the main CSS / Template separation to: design (include html-template, css, js)
- seperate Design for all /_command/ section
- put the current page shortcut in every /_command/ URL. (Better for using TABs in your Browser)
- Revise the 'preferences' table and make a new Module to edit it.
- insert a number field in the log table. So plugins can easy make his own counter.
- IP ban (bruteforce logins)
- Page cache system
- User administration continue: user management and a real user right system
- edit lock (if one person edit a page, no other can simultan edit the same page)
- XHTML like optional argument in lucidTagTag and lucidFunction
- page_msg colors (use not only red!)
- internationalization (I18N) and localization (L10N)
- GUI Editor (JS Webeditor)
- Email Traceback: Generate a eMail of every Traceback and send it back to us.
- Using SQLAlchemy ?
- Other structure of preferences: the DB connection data should not be seen on a traceback.