- Download the last PyLucid Archive from sourceforge
- Upload all files via (s)FTP on your WebSpace.
- Create a empy Database for PyLucid like this (Not necessary with SQLite.):
CREATE DATABASE <dbname> CHARACTER SET utf8;
- copy ./PyLucid/settings_example.py to ./PyLucid/settings.py
- Edit the settings.py
- Insert your database acount
- Insert the "SECRET_KEY"
- Edit the file ".htaccess":
- Only in some cases you must change this file.
- CGI Example:
- The handler file is "index.cgi"
- remark execute rights for everybody ("chmod +x" / "chmod 755" - only the handler file "index.cgi"!)
- edit the shebang in the used handler file (The first line, the path to the python interpreter) Verify that Python v2.4 or above used and not Python v2.3!
- goto the install section with the url: "yourdomain.org/_install/"
- create a install password hash:
- fill out the password and click on the "make hash" button.
- copy and paste the SHA hash into your settings.py. (Variable "INSTALL_PASSWORD_HASH")
- reload the page
- login into the _install section
- execute every link from the first section named "install":
- install DB tables
- init DB data
- install plugins
- create a user
edit settings.py again
- enable in MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES the two things:
After this you should see the base pages and can login...